Friday, September 23, 2011

Tarina Tarantino Electric Butterfly Hypershadow Review

Tarina Tarantino released the Electric Butterfly "Hypershadow" as a part of her summer 2011 makeup collection and I recently purchased it online through Sephora, so I wanted to talk to you lovely folks about my experience with it. Electric Butterfly is supposed to be a high-intensity, sizzling hot orange but it fell short. I was expecting a psychedelic blaze of orange eyeshadow, but all I got was semi-chalky not very pigmented eyeshadow. Also, the color is NOT electric orange, but more of a pumpkin colored eyeshadow with hints of gold shimmer (which I kinda prefer). The pumpkin color is pretty, but I just wish it were more pigmented. At least the packaging was cute...

Eyeshadow case includes a mirror
Aside from Electric Butterfly not being very pigmented it also does not have much staying power either, which sucks because this eyeshadow retails for $19! Thankfully, I got it on sale and only paid $5 for it, had I paid more for it I would've been a very mad girl. /shock Sephora has some good stuff on sale right now, namely the Super Shimmer Lip-glosses which are on sale now for $3, down from $10. Don't ya' just love a good sale. :)
Not awesome
You can kinda see some gold shimmer
Don't forget to sign up for my Lee Angel Rose Gold Hoops Giveaway!

Because today is Friday....

No comments:

Post a Comment