Thursday, September 1, 2011

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Starlit (Full Color )

Ever since I heard about Hourglass Cosmetics' red hot lipgloss named Siren I've been dying to get my hands on it or something like it. Well I haven't been able to get my hands on Siren just yet, but I have been able to get my hands on Smashbox's fire engine red gloss in Starlit.


Starlit is part of Smashbox's Full Color Lip Gloss line. The full color glosses are touted as highly pigmented glosses that combine the color performance/ staining qualities of a lipstick with the shine and moisturizing effects of a gloss. Starlit definitely delivers on this promise! Starlit is SOOOOO pigmented, the color payoff on this gloss is to die for. It actually gives you the color coverage of some lipsticks. I only applied 1 coat in my swatch photos and it covered my natural lip color instantly. I also love the hint of glitter in the gloss. I tried taking a million pics of Starlit on my lips and none of them could capture the rich pigmentation on my lips.




Starlit is also very moisturizing. My lips feel hydrated and only slightly sticky (MAC's lip glosses are much stickier than this stuff). While Starlit is not the same goldish-red color of Hourglass Cosmetics Siren, its still a gorgeous color with excellent payoff just the same! I love how it instantly warms my face up and I looooove the fact that its $10 bucks cheaper than Siren at $18 bucks. Starlit is definitely on my HOT list!


No comments:

Post a Comment