Tuesday, September 20, 2011

CHI Ceramic Nail Lacquer Review

Hey Lovelies!

I'm expecting delivery of my Nails Inc. Magnetic Polish today, so if my package gets here early enough I should have swatches ready for you guys later today if not tomorrow. So now onto my CHI nail polish review...Did you know they made nail polish? I didn't either lol :)) I love all of CHI's hair products, love, love, love, because their products really do deliver as promised. When I saw the bottles of CHI polish I figured why not, if they're anything like their hair products I'm sure I'll love the polish too.

I picked up Milk Shake, a creamy milky color with a hint of pink. I chose this color because believe it or not I don't have many colors like this (i.e. classic French mani appropriate) and I figured if it to my liking I could easily gift it to my conservative Auntie.

Here's what CHI has to say about their polish: "CHI 44 Ceramic provides added strength, durability and chip resistance for a long lasting wear formula. Silk provides added shine and ease of application.  Nano Silver kills bacteria and fungus.  CHI Ceramic Nail Lacquer contains no harmful ingredients like formaldehyde, toluene and DBP."
Milkshake applied OK, pleasantly self-leveling and set surprisingly fast, but application was kind of a pain because the brush was so friggin' small. Grrrrr! My thumb ended up a bit on the brushstrokey side because of it. I also needed about 4 coats of polish to get the color you see in the pics, but its a sheer polish so I'm kinda not surprised just a little disappointed. The wear was average (not out of this world long-wearing honestly) and it dried to a nice shiny finish.
Overall, I did like Milkshake and I think that its the perfect combo color for a classic French manicure. This color is definitely office appropriate and a really pretty color if you're attending something like a wedding. The price was $6 for a 0.5 oz. bottle. Here it is with a French tip:

What do you think of Milkshake? Does it bring all the boys to the yard?

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking about purchasing some CHI products. I had no idea they made polish! This looks like a very nice color!

    ReplyDelete