Thursday, September 8, 2011

The British are Coming!!

British retailer Topshop invaded the Windy City today and boy was it crazy! The store was jam-packed with people from all over who came in to get a piece of the action. The clothing mix was funky, cool, uber chic and fashion forward. I managed to get 2 pieces that I will most likely post tomorrow for you guys and a free Topshop tank top.

I also got to test out some beauty products in store and walked out with a lipstick and highlighting/primer lotion. The beauty staff, namely Matthew, were so helpful and knowledgeable on all of Topshop's beauty products. Matthew really did an awesome job at giving me the 411 on Topshop's products. All of Topshop's beauty products are cruelty-free and budget friendly. Product prices range from $8.00 to $20.00. Also, the packaging features really cute polka dots and stripes.

Ok so enough blah, blah, blah...let me cut to the good stuff. The eye makeup was done by the Topshop makeup girl. She used an bronzed-olive eyeshadow called Tarnish on my lids and jet black liquid liner in Rook to wing me out. I like Tarnish, its a nice color and I like the touch of shimmer it has. The color payoff on Tarnish was so-so, not on par with MAC for sure.

Tarnish & Rook no flash
Tarnish & Rook w/flash

I purchased Moccasin ($16), because I've been looking for a lipstick that will help give my lips a nude look. Moccasin is a creamy, light brown lipstick that feels very moisturizing. It sets to a matte finish. I like.


Moccasin no flash

Moccasin w/ flash
 The star of the show for me was the Skin Glow. It can be used as a highlighter for your makeup on the cheeks and brow bone or under your foundation as a primer to give your skin a more radiant look. A little bit of this stuff blended into your skin goes a very long way. I accidentally pumped 1 full pump and it was too much. Skin Glow retails for $20 for a 1.04 oz. tube. I feel like this tube is going to last me forever because you don't need to use too much product to get that dewy look.



One pump of Skin Glow (w/flash)

Skin Glow blended out (w/flash)

Topshop offers 10% off purchases with a valid student ID, just an FYI for all my cost cutting divas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment