Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sephora Jumbo Waterproof Pencil Review

Hey Addicts!

I guess I was on a Sephora product semi-binge during my trip to Miami because I came back with yet another Sephora product...the 12 Hour Wear Waterproof Jumbo Liner in White.

The Jumbo Pencils are available in a wide range of colors and cost $10 for a 0.10 oz. pencil. These pencils are richly pigmented and super creamy. I loved how smoothly the white pencil went on, so much so, that I've been using it as a base for my eyeshadow looks to help them pop. If you have oily lids like me and want to use these colors as stand alone eyeshadows I would suggest using some primer potion to make sure these stay put. I haven't had any issues with creasing, flaking or the liner/shadow wearing off which is MAJAH!

The White Pencil is slightly shimmery/silvery which was kind of cool and different. NYX makes a jumbo pencil in Milk ($4-$5) that is a little more matte and true to color than the Sephora brand one. NYX pencils are not waterproof, so if that's something that's important to you the Sephora pencils might be a good option for you. The fact that they are waterproof also helps give them staying power if you plan on using them on your lower lash line.

I wanted to to put the waterproof claims of my Sephora Jumbo Pencil to the test, so I dipped my swatched hand under warm running water.

The color actually stayed put!
TADAH! The Sephora Jumbo Pencil didn't fail me. I have fallen even more head over heels in love with this product after my swatch test. /blush

Overall, the Sephora Jumbo Pencil in White is a winner! NYX Jumbo Pencils are a great, purse-friendly alternative to the Sephora pencils, just keep in mind that they aren't waterproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment