Monday, August 15, 2011

Fall's Just Around the Corner...Time for New Shades!

With the change in the season, comes a change in nail polish trends. One thing I always try to do is transition into my deeper, darker Fall shades by using some neutral Fall-like colors. I kind of hate the thought of transitioning into Fall by changing up my nail color from summer friendly coral one week to eggplant next week. That's why I've decided to share with you guys some of my favorite transitional colors. In the next few weeks, I will be posting shades that I think help make the change a little less drastic.

The first shade I wanted to share with you guys is Metro Chic from the Sephora by OPI Collection ($9.50 per bottle). Metro Chic is a permanent member of the line and is a well-known shade to many of us lacquer-heads. What helped make this shade so popular was its EDGY blend of purple, brown and grey shades. Depending on the lighting, your nails can look like a dusty purple or a greyish brown. That EDGINESS is what caused a stir in the nail polish world because we hadn't really had seen a polish quite like it in the market. I like to think of Metro Chic as OPI's You Don't Know Jacques fashionista cousin from Manhattan and my go to shade when the air starts to get a little chill in it.
Sephora By OPI Metro Chic

Metro Chic (No Flash)

Metro Chic w/flash
The formula on Metro Chic is great and super chip resistant. I didn't get any visible brush stroke lines after application and the polish was fully opaque after 2 coats. The brush on Metro Chic is smaller than the usual OPI brushes but it was nice and floppy which made for accurate application.

Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle in Fearless Fog is an excellent dupe for Metro Chic both color and formula wise. You can find Fearless Fog at CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart and pretty much any other major retailer. If you're lucky you just might find it on sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment